Grantors & Beneficiaries of Foreign Trusts

Foreign trusts may seem like an attractive option for protecting your assets outside of the borders of the United States.  Likewise, you may have a family member that has named you as the beneficiary of a trust created in another country.

Dennis M. Lanphier, Esq., CPA, LL.M. is experienced in matters regarding foreign trusts.  He can advise you when and if a foreign trust may make sense for asset protection or tax planning purposes.  

Additionally, through our close association with Lanphier LLP, a full service CPA firm of which Dennis Lanphier is also a partner, we can assist you with the complex and time-consuming annual filings required for new or existing foreign trusts.  This includes:

  • Form 3520, Annual Return to Report Transactions with Foreign Trusts and Receipt of Certain Foreign Gifts
  • Form 3520-A, Annual Information Return of Foreign Trust with a U.S. Owner

We can also assist you with any past due returns or non-filing issues for your foreign trust. 

Contact our firm today to discuss your foreign trust issues and how we can assist you.